Jianyi Yang's Research Group
Our laboratory is focusing on algorithm development in the field of structural bioinformatics, including the following topics:
- Protein structure and function prediction
- Protein structure alignment
- Protein-ligand binding site prediciton
- Application of deep learning algorithms in bioinformatics
- May 2020, Nankai Bioinformatics Laboratory website was created: https://bioinformatics.nankai.edu.cn/.
- Apr 2020, The trRosetta structure models for 10 SARS-CoV-2 proteins that do not have homologous templates in PDB were released at: SARS-2-CoV.
- Mar 2020, The trRosetta paper was selected as research highlights by Nature Methods, and recommended in F1000Prime.
- Jan 2020, Our collaboration work with the Baker lab on deep learning- and Rosetta-based protein structure prediction was published online at PNAS. Congrats!
- Nov 2019, Our work on protein threading with predicted contact map was accepted to Bioinformatics. Congrats!
- Oct 2019, Saisai Sun and Hong Su were awared the Grduate Student Scholarship. Congratulations to them!
- Sep 2019, Runze Dong received full PhD scholarship (BPSD program) from the University of Washington.
- Sep 2019, Kun Zhu, Lisa Ye, Ruiyang Song, and Zongyang Du joined our group. Welcome!
- June 2019, Our work on protein contact map prediction was accepted to Bioinformatics. Congrats!
- June 2019, Shuo Pan had his Master thesis defense, Congrats! He will join the Big-data Engieer at Beijing ByteDance Technology Co Ltd.
- Master and PhD students: We are enrolling 2-3 Master students and 1 PhD student every year, majoring in Bioinformatics. (read more ...).
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow: We are seeking for talent and creative postdoc candidates who are interested in algorithm development in structural bioinformatics. (read more ...)